Dixons uk group, DSG owns a number of High Street brands
The owner of Dixons uk and Currys, DSG, is looking to cut office jobs as part of a £20m cost cutting exercise.
Dixons uk group, DSG, which employs more than 40,000 in UK and Europe, will not be calling for compulsory redundancies but will lose posts through staff turnover.
Dixons uk group, DSG did not comment on reports that around 1000 jobs could face the axe. On Wednesday Dixons uk group, DSG, which also owns PC World, said like for like sales, which exclude new store openings, rose 2percent in the 8 weeks to 7 January.
At the same time Dixons uk group, DSG said it remained cautious about the outlook for the coming months.
Dixons uk group, DSG also reported pre-tax profits of £106.1m for the six months to November, down from £133.5m a year ago. Dixons uk group, DSG is looking to make savings in financial year 2006/07 in the face of rising costs, which include increasing energy and rental bills.
Dixons uk group, DSG, which has 2,000 staff at its Hemel Hempstead head office, said 150 jobs would be cut by the outsourcing of its internal IT support operations to a firm with offices in the UK and India.
Dixons uk group, DSG has said it is wary about future trading as consumer confidence remains low “particularly in the UK, Italy and Greece”.
- Dixons Electrical
- Dixons to end 35mm camera sales
- Death of video recorder in sight, due to DVD players
- Dixons Electrical Stores
- DSG, Owner of Electrical retailer Dixons, mulls bid for Dabs
- Dixons owner DSG seen having bumpy ride
- Dixons signs five-year deal with BT
- India’s HCL Technologies Gets Lucrative British Outsourcing Order
- Dixons chain to stop selling cathode ray tube televisions
- Dixons gives unsigned artists a break after MP3 deal
- Dixons uk owner to cut office jobs
- Retailers plead for breathing space on rents
- www.Dixons.com owner signs £120m outsourcing deal with Capita
- DTV Digital ‘hits 70% of households’
- Dixons worried in troubled times
- Dixons Electrical posts £30 million loss
- Farewell to Dixons luminary Robert Shrager
- Dixons Search Terms
- New formats could help Dixons Electrical owner DSG ride out the storm.
- Christmas will be hard this year for Dixons Electrical
- Things are looking up for Dixons Electrical even with £4 million losses
- Whatever happened to Dixons