Retail group DSG International is reportedly set to bid for online technology retailer Dabs.
DSG, which owns high street electronics retailers Dixons and Currys, is mulling a bid for Dabs through its PC World subsidiary, according to a report in the Times on Sunday.
The paper did not cite any sources, but added that Dabs’s founder and sole shareholder, Dave Atherton, has put a price tag of at least £90m on Dabs. Deloitte is handling the sale of the company.
Dabs has become one of the UK’s finest dot com success stories. Servicing the whole of the UK from our state-of-the-art premises in Bolton, Dabs typically processes well in excess of 5,000 customer orders every day from the millions of unique visitors that visit Dabs each month.
Dabs currently stocks some15,000 tech-related products and has some 1.4m registered users. These products include pc components, kaptops, cases, graphics cards, games and gaming, networking, mobile phones, software and books and general electronics. Dabs also retails in Europe. Dabs has become one of the UK’s finest dot com success stories. Servicing the whole of the UK from our state-of-the-art premises in Bolton, Dabs typically processes well in excess of 5,000 customer orders every day from the millions of unique visitors that visit Dabs each month.
- Dixons Electrical
- Dixons to end 35mm camera sales
- Death of video recorder in sight, due to DVD players
- Dixons Electrical Stores
- DSG, Owner of Electrical retailer Dixons, mulls bid for Dabs
- Dixons owner DSG seen having bumpy ride
- Dixons signs five-year deal with BT
- India’s HCL Technologies Gets Lucrative British Outsourcing Order
- Dixons chain to stop selling cathode ray tube televisions
- Dixons gives unsigned artists a break after MP3 deal
- Dixons uk owner to cut office jobs
- Retailers plead for breathing space on rents
- www.Dixons.com owner signs £120m outsourcing deal with Capita
- DTV Digital ‘hits 70% of households’
- Dixons worried in troubled times
- Dixons Electrical posts £30 million loss
- Farewell to Dixons luminary Robert Shrager
- Dixons Search Terms
- New formats could help Dixons Electrical owner DSG ride out the storm.
- Christmas will be hard this year for Dixons Electrical
- Things are looking up for Dixons Electrical even with £4 million losses
- Whatever happened to Dixons