BANGALORE, India, Indian outsourcing company HCL Technologies, announced Thursday it has obtained a multimillion dollar order from Britain-based electronics retailer DSG International Plc. which owns dixon amongst others to provide software and remote maintenance services.
The company didn’t divulge the value of the order from dixon, Dow Jones Newswires, citing an unnamed company official, said it was in the range of US$350 million-US$500 million (euro290 million-euro415 million), spread over five to 10 years.
Dixon group, DSG, based in Hemel Hempstead, England, would be able to focus on its main business, leaving its non core work of software development, network maintenance and other e-support functions to be managed by HCL. HCL said “We are happy to have Dixon group,DSG International as one of our top four customer relationships,” HCL chairman and chief executive Shiv Nadar said.
Dixon group, DSG operates in 14 countries across the European Union and serves 100 million customers every year. It sells electronic products, personal computers, photographic equipment and communication devises. Its brands include Dixon, Currys, PC World and The Link.
HCL is India’s fifth largest software services exporter and Dixon is the UK’s largest electrical retailer.
- Dixons Electrical
- Dixons to end 35mm camera sales
- Death of video recorder in sight, due to DVD players
- Dixons Electrical Stores
- DSG, Owner of Electrical retailer Dixons, mulls bid for Dabs
- Dixons owner DSG seen having bumpy ride
- Dixons signs five-year deal with BT
- India’s HCL Technologies Gets Lucrative British Outsourcing Order
- Dixons chain to stop selling cathode ray tube televisions
- Dixons gives unsigned artists a break after MP3 deal
- Dixons uk owner to cut office jobs
- Retailers plead for breathing space on rents
- www.Dixons.com owner signs £120m outsourcing deal with Capita
- DTV Digital ‘hits 70% of households’
- Dixons worried in troubled times
- Dixons Electrical posts £30 million loss
- Farewell to Dixons luminary Robert Shrager
- Dixons Search Terms
- New formats could help Dixons Electrical owner DSG ride out the storm.
- Christmas will be hard this year for Dixons Electrical
- Things are looking up for Dixons Electrical even with £4 million losses
- Whatever happened to Dixons