Dixons Electrical is far ahead of it’s competition even though it made a loss of £4 million this half.
Dixons Electrical group which includes Currys Electrical and PC World stores may have made a loss, but it is a significant improvement over it’s £10.7 million loss for the same half in 2010.
The Currys Electrical and PC World divisions are also doing much better than their direct competition Comet Electrical and Best Buy.
Comet Electrical is said to have suffered over £20 million in losses for the same 6 month period while Best Buy owner, Carphone Warehouse is closing all of it’s 11 Best Buy stores after making 6 month losses of nearly £50 million.
Dixons Electrical have said the changes have come from a combination of improved customer service and making improvements to it stores.
Dixons Electrical does not do most of its trading in stores anymore after closing a third of them down and re-branding the majority of the rest to Currys.
Their main business is done online via their website and then delivered direct to their customers.
They do still have some uk stores, including the Dixons XL stores, such as Dixons XL Birmingham and Dixons Duty Free in Airports such as Dixons Duty Free Heathrow.
With troubles times all around these figures are a hopeful sign that Dicksons Electrical is heading in the right direction and will be back in the black in 2012.
Until then Dicksons Electrical will continue to work at improving it’s customer service and stores and look to provide new incentives get the public spending.
- Dixons Electrical
- Dixons to end 35mm camera sales
- Death of video recorder in sight, due to DVD players
- Dixons Electrical Stores
- DSG, Owner of Electrical retailer Dixons, mulls bid for Dabs
- Dixons owner DSG seen having bumpy ride
- Dixons signs five-year deal with BT
- India’s HCL Technologies Gets Lucrative British Outsourcing Order
- Dixons chain to stop selling cathode ray tube televisions
- Dixons gives unsigned artists a break after MP3 deal
- Dixons uk owner to cut office jobs
- Retailers plead for breathing space on rents
- www.Dixons.com owner signs £120m outsourcing deal with Capita
- DTV Digital ‘hits 70% of households’
- Dixons worried in troubled times
- Dixons Electrical posts £30 million loss
- Farewell to Dixons luminary Robert Shrager
- Dixons Search Terms
- New formats could help Dixons Electrical owner DSG ride out the storm.
- Christmas will be hard this year for Dixons Electrical
- Things are looking up for Dixons Electrical even with £4 million losses
- Whatever happened to Dixons